Christ the King parish was created to serve the growing population of Haddonfield and
Cherry Hill Township in 1935. Under the leadership of Msgr. Joseph McIntyre, the church,
school and convent were built. Not only did the parish reach out of the growing families
of Cherry Hill, but it also broadcast the first telecast of a Catholic Mass
on Christmas Eve, 1947.