Nativity parish was originally established as a mission of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Newfield, and celebration of Sunday Mass was held in the Franklinville Fire Hall from 1947 until the completion of the mission church building in November, 1948. In June of 1961, the mission was established as a parish of the Diocese of Camden.
A new church building seating 450 people, designed in stone and cedar shingle style to blend with its country setting, was dedicated in 1987 and the original church building was converted by parish volunteers into a Religious Education Center/Meeting Hall. The rectory building includes a 24-hour Perpetual Adoration Chapel with a separate outside entrance, in which the Blessed Sacrament is securely displayed and visited frequently by both parishioners and visitors from surrounding parishes. Nativity today, as over the course of its history, is a small town based Roman Catholic Parish Community which enjoys and serves an active, generous, and now steadily growing group of parishioners.
|Back to Parish Listings|