In 1892, Father O'Farrell of St. Bridget's in Glassboro began celebrating Mass in Elmer,
first at the Kentzinger home at 129 Broad Street. The present church was built in 1894
at 117 Broad Street. Until 1920, the pastoral care of Elmer was under the Glassboro parish
when St. Ann's became a mission of St. Joseph's, Woodstown. On June 19, 1961, St. Ann's
became a parish, with Father Henry J. Koevoets as its first pastor. The Kentzinger home
was donated to the parish and became its first rectory in 1961. The present rectory was
acquired a few years later.