St. Bridget, Glassboro

St. Bridget began as a mission of St. Mary's, Gloucester, in 1868, with Masses celebrated in private homes. The mission was established as a parish in 1887 with Father Charles Kane as pastor. The first church had been built in 1882 and moved in 1887 to a location next to the present rectory. This structure was torn down in 1963 and replaced by the new church across the street from the rectory. The cornerstone of the first church is in the bell tower of the present church. The rectory itself was built over a hundred years ago and is still in use. St. Bridget is among the most important "mother" churches of the Camden Diocese. Emerging form it over the years include the following: St. Catherine, Clayton; Holy Name of Jesus, Mullica Hill; Nativity, Franklinville; Our Lady Queen of Peace, Pitman; and Our Lady of Lourdes, Glassboro.


Back to Parish Listings