St. Catherine's began as a mission of St. Bridget's Glassboro in December 1943.
The parish was established in October 1944 with Father (later Monsignor) John
f. Wiecowski as its first pastor. The present church was dedicated on December 23,
1951. The original church was renovated and served as the rectory until it was renovated
for use as a convent for the Sistes of Christ the King of Danville, Va., who conducted
catechetical classes for seven years. A parish school was opened in the early
1960's with classes held in the church basement. In 1969 the parish dedicated
its new hall and five classrooms located behind the church on North Street;
an addition of three classrooms, an office and library were added later.