St. Frances Cabrini Parish was established on July 26, 1966. The present structure was built
in 1953 and was originally known as Our Lady, Queen of Martyrs Chapel as a mission of the Mother
Parish of Ocean City, St. Augustine. Prior to the Queen of Martyrs Chapel, a structure known
as St. Mary's existed and was combination parish school and weekend chapel.
When the present regional school at St. Augustine's was dedicated in 1952, the old structure
was demolished and the present Church begun. Father Cletus Moran was the founding pastor.