St. Joseph Parish began its proud history on October 24, 1892, when Polish
immigrant families founded their own place of worship in South Camden. Before then,
they took ferries to Philadelphia to attend Mass in Polish-speaking parishes there.
In spite of a population shift to the suburbs, parishioners who moved away still return
for Sunday worship, Christmas, Easter, Forty Hours and the largest number continue
to come for the traditional blessing of Easter food on Holy Saturday. No matter how far
they roam, St. Joseph's is still their home. The 110th anniversary of the Parish was
celebrated on August 25, 2002, with Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio officiating.