In 1937, the Catholic Church of St. Mary began as a Mission of Christ the King, Haddonfield. Fr. Joseph McIntyre was the first Pastor. At the first Mass, celebrated under a tent on the Lynch farm at the junction of Routes 70 and 295, thirteen families took part in the celebration.
In 1961, St. Mary was made a parish by Archbishop Celestine Damiano. The present church was erected in the Spring of 1987, and from thirteen families the congregation has now grown to over thirteen-hundred families, under the guidance of their pastor Fr. John Killeen.
|Back to Parish Listings|