Saint Nicholas parish organized in 1858, soon after the founding of the German Experiment of Egg Harbor City. Within six years the parish had its own church, school and pastor. The only church building in the Diocese older than Saint Nicholas is Saint Mary's Church in Salem. Saint Nicholas School is the oldest Catholic School in the Diocese after Saint Mary's in Gloucester. Saint Nicholas Church has reponded to various ethnic needs, from German to Italian to Hispanic.
|Back to Parish Listings|