St. Pius X parish was founded on June 10, 1961. The new parish community was
formerly part of Christ the King, Haddonfield, from 1935 to 1961, and before
that part of St. Rose of Lima, Haddon Heights. Mass was first celebrated in the new
parish at Thelce House on Berlin Road. A multi-purpose building for worship, offices,
socials and priests' residence was constructed in 1963. A church was built
during the pastorate of Monsignor Paul O'Connor in 1979.
A new rectory was completed in 1986, and a renovated and enlarged parish center
was dedicated by Bishop James T. McHugh on October 29, 1989.