St. Rose of Lima, Newfield

The first church of St. Rose in Newfield was located on Church Street and was dedicated by Bishop Thomas J. Walsh of Trenton in 1922. Monsignor James A. Bulfin, pastor of Sacred Heart in Vineland, supervised the construction, and St. Rose remained a mission church of Sacred Heart until the parish was founded in November, 1939, with Father Thomas J. Gooley as its first pastor. The present church on Catawba Avenue was built in 1948.


Back to Parish Listings