Transfiguration, West Collingswood

In 1950, the construction of the Church of the Transfiguration made news throughout the northeastern United States as "an edifice of unusual architecture" and the first "modern Church" in the Diocese.

Built to serve a small community of post-war families and a large transient apartment population, the parish added a school and hall for "boomer" children, then turned the buildings to other uses as the "boomers" aged and moved away. Today, the parish ministers to a stable aging congregation and a shifting and diversified group of professional adults.


Back to Parish Listings