The Immaculate Heart of Mary parish was established on August 2, 1949 when the Most
Reverend Bartholomew J. Eustace appointed the Reverend James Zegers pastor to the
newly-formed church. The new Church and rectory were built and dedicated on
August 15, 1964 with great labors, sacrifices, and prayers from the third pastor,
the Reverend Paul M. O'Connor, and the people. A new ministry to the Vietnamese
people was created when Bishop DiMarzio appointed Father Joseph Nguyen, administrator
to this parish on June 20, 2000, to help guide and lead the ethnically diverse parish.