In 1945, a certificate of corporation notes the Rev. Daniel McGill of St. Paul in Stone Harbor was also the pastor of the mission congregation known as Our Lady of the Angels in Cape May Court House and had acquired the property at 106 Mechanic Street. On January 9, 1955, groundbreaking ceremonies for the new mission building were held.
The proposed church was to be erected at the southwest corner of Graden State Parkway and "Hereford Ave." with 450 feet frontage of the property on the Parkway. On May 27, 1995, after more than two years of planning and construction under the leadership of Msgr. D. Velozo, the beautiful, new Our Lady of the Angels Church was dedicated with Bishop James T. McHugh as the principal celebrant. "Building a new church," the Bishop wrote in a message for the occasion, "is a testimony to the community dimension of the parish, and it speaks of the love and dedication of many generations of faithful Catholics who have lived and worshipped here."
|Back to Parish Listings|