Mass was first celebrated with the present area of Queen of the Apostles Parish on
Sunday, August 15, 1954 at the Sgt. William T. Whitaker VFW Post Home in Pennsville.
The new parish was erected on January 26, 1955, with Father Aloysius L. Busch as
pastor. The church was dedicated on March 29, 1956 on South Broadway. The original
parish hall was built in 1958. A new and larger social hall was added and
dedicated in 1978.