Mass was celebrated in Mt. Ephraim for the first time in No. 2 Fire Hall in May 1936 for
two Sundays and after that for the next three years at the Mt. Ephraim Theatre. The first
Mass was celebrated by Father (later Monsignor) James A. Bulfin, pastor of St. Rose
of Lima, Haddon Heights. Under Monsignor Bulfin's direction, a new church was constructed
on the Black Horse Pike and dedicated as a mission to St. Rose on April 26, 1939.
On September 25, 1939, the mission was established as a parish with Father (later
Monsignor) John P. Fallon as first pastor. A rectory was built adjacent to the church
and dedicated by Bishop Eustace in May 1942. The new church was dedicated by Archbishop
Damiano on August 25, 1964. Father Peter S. Sprofera was pastor at the time.