St. Bernadette's was founded on June 25, 1966, with Monsignor Charles C. Beausang as pastor. Mass was celebrated for the first time in the new parish on July 31, 1966 at the American Legion Hall. Daily Mass was celebrated in the temporary rented rectory at 202 E. Steelman Avenue from June 1966 until February 1967, when the priests moved to a house at 1203 Shore Road. Daily Masses continued there until the new church was completed on New Road in 1969.
|Back to Parish Listings|