St. Lucy (1925) and Sacred Heart (1904) churches began as two farming mission communities, heavily Italian in their original make-up. The buildings were both built by volunteer parishioner help. St. Lucy was subordinate to two neighboring parishes before becoming a parish in its own right. Sacred Heart was subordinate to five parishes even though it is the older of the two. The parishes will soon be merged into "Blessed Pope John XXIII Parish" and become one community using both worship sites.
|Back to Parish Listings|