St. Paul's Parish was established on June 19, 1913 to serve the spiritual needs of a
growing summer population and a small number of permanent residents.
Fr. Edward Whalen was appointed St. Paul's first pastor in 1913.
Eleven pastors and five administrators have served the faithful of St. Paul's since
its foundation. The present parish church was dedicated on April 12, 1953.
The officiating prelate, Msgr. Augustine Mozier, in his remarks stated that the primary
purpose of the church building is not to serve the people of Stone Harbor,
but to give greater honor and glory to Almighty God.