St. Raymond began as a mission of Our Lady Star of the Sea, Cape May, when Mass
was celebrated on July 24, 1932, at the old firehouse on Bayshore Road.
A mission church was erected in 1937 on Hudson Avenue and the parish of
St. Raymond was established on June 11, 1954, with Father (later Monsignor)
William A. Regan as pastor. A rectory was built in 1954 and an auditorium
in 1959. The school and convent were erected in 1962, and the parochial school
opened in 1963. A new church was dedicated on November 18, 1979 by Bishop Guilfoyle.