St. Rose Parish was opened in 1896 when there were only 12 houses in Audubon and Haddon Heights was not yet a "borough". Lots in Haddon Heights were listed as the "finest location between Camden and Atlantic City". There were 27 families in Haddon Heights at the time. Over these 100 plus years, St. Rose Parish has grown to 2,300 families.
In the early 60's, our "new Church" was built and it still stands today as a landmark of fine architecture, as well as symbol of the Kingdom of God among us. The people of St. Rose live our Mission statement daily through prayer, the Sacraments and the Eucharist, deepening their own spiritual growth and returning to the community to evangelize, educate and serve.
|Back to Parish Listings|